Creating a CloudCTF Environment¶
If you do not yet have an account with the Virginia Cyber Range, please refer to the KB article, Getting an Instructor Account and Creating Your First Course.
This KB article will step you through the process of creating a CloudCTF for your class, workshop, or conference.
Create a CloudCTF Environment¶
1. Login to the Exercise Area¶
Login to the Virginia Cyber Range Exercise Area. See How to Login to the Exercise Area for login assistance.
2. Add a CloudCTF Environment to Your Course¶
- After navigating to the Exercise Area, please click on the course you wish to add a CloudCTF environment to. In the image below, we will be choosing the course, CloudCTF, as our target.
- You will then be taken to the course page where you can add exercise environments for your students. Please click on the "Add Exercise Environment" icon as shown in the image below.
- Next, please select the CloudCTF environment from the exercise catalog list.
- You will then be presented with a new window that allows you to edit the name, description, and lifespan (Start and End dates) of the exercise . Once you are finished modifying the exercise details, please click on "Confirm".
3. Launching Your CloudCTF Environment¶
- After you have successfully added a CloudCTF exercise environment to your course, please select the environment.
- You will then be taken to a page that allows you to edit or delete the exercise, and start the environment in your web browser. To start the CTF environment, please click on the "Join" button as shown in the image below.
- CloudCTF will then be launched in a new tab of your browser.
After you have successfully created a CloudCTF environment by following the steps above, please see our KB article for adding and removing challenges in CloudCTF.
If you experience any issues starting or viewing CloudCTF in your web browser, please refer to our CloudCTF troubleshooting article for helpful tips on resolving the matter.
If you are unable to resolve the issue, please reach out to our support team for assistance.
Thank You for Your Feedback!